02/03/2009

kitchens with character

..
Now my kitchen cupboards are fitted, i've been on the hunt for pictures of white based kitchens but with some personality or just slightly more unusual features.
.
Not an easy task as it seems that 'personality' can easily develop into 'clutter'. I want to inject a few personal things into my kitchen when it's finished but must be v-e-r-y careful that i don't catch the clutter-bug!
.
I like the kitchens with rugs, is that weird? Should i have a rug in mine?? Hmmm...


6 comments:

Hanna and Daniel said...

Love that fifties style in pic 4. Wood, steel and white complements each other. And fifties/sixties design adds a cosy vibe!

drollgirl said...

hmmm. i liked the striped rug. and the plants/greenery always make things prettier and more interesting without being too cluttered.

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Wow! My favorites are #1, #4, and the last pic. The red Eames shell chairs are such a nice punch of color!

Patchwork Harmony said...

I heart the teapot in the 4th pic from the bottom.... a few small injections of colour in a white kitchen are always effective.
...and is that a metal tray on the wall being used as a message board? that is nifty. :)
x

Anonymous said...

A definite yes to rugs on kitchen floors! I especially like the traditional rug.

(We're currently ramping up to having our kitchen done, so your kitchen images are really helping!)

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I absolutely adore your blog and your style. I shall follow you.:)

I love all the photos here, I would take anyone of the kitchens.