06/02/2009

wishing for wallpaper


I do love wallpaper but only in small doses in my actual home, like backing shelves or cupboards (which i have done) or just a small end wall or chimney breast. The splash of pattern as contrast against the white walls makes my eyes happy and sparkley!
.
Although this wallpaper below would be far from my first choice, it works so well with the vintage clock (which i want....) and blue sofa....



Rarely do pink but this is FAB....


This below is the kind of splash of wallpaper that i love in my home, this entire pic is original early 70s but i would be quite happy to have this as my kitchen now! In fact it's given me an idea for my kitchen....

.
This mixed wallpapered wall is super cool anyway, i recognise ninainvorm's fab work anywhere, but especially if you can't make up your mind which pattern/colours to go for...


A few more below... some way too bold for me to live with though...


all pics via flickr

5 comments:

The Cottage Cheese said...

There are some really fabulous retro wallpaper patterns available now! I have removed bad wallpaper from many rooms, plus I have a fear of commitment, so I doubt I'll be wallpapering soon. However, some fabulous eye candy can be found here:

http://www.wallpaperfromthe70s.com/

Jennifer Ramos said...

That pink one is GREAT!


Jen Ramos
'Cards & Prints You'll Love...'
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

sitruuna said...

There's a company in Finland making vintage wallpapers called Tapettitalo (Wallpaper House). You can find some really wild patterns on their site: http://www.tapettitalo.fi/english.html.

Some are by classic Finnish designers like Tapio Wirkkala and Birger Kaipiainen.

Sarah said...

Wow, you've got some beautiful images on here - I really can't have my home exactly as i would like it - my two small boys make sure of that!!!

Cheapmonclerjacket said...

Information like the one you mentioned here will be very useful to me!.I love books and used to visit bookshops regularly.I just visit your blog.The articles are quite good and I have already used to visit this site regularly.
There are many brand from France, also including herve leger, and most of womens stars love wearing herve leger dress when they join in some important party. Now polo ralph lauren is very popular with youthful people, everyone want to get ralph lauren polo shirts, there are lots of online shop which are ralph lauren polo outlet, true religion jeans outlet, it will be convenient for us.